This page in french
This is a 16 bits ISA board for PC.
The PC is a K6-2 300 with 64 MB RAM and 10 GB HDD.
I had to solve a few problem to use it :
- I couldn't use IRQ 12 (whereas it seemed to be available), I had to use
- No more hot reboot for my PC. I have to help my PC to reboot with the reset
- I had to remove any 8 bits ISA board (modem in my case) which limited the
ISA bus rate (performances divided by 2), to achieve nice video sampling.
I replaced my 8 bits ISA modem card by a 16 bits ISA one. An external modem
or a PCI modem card would have been OK too.
||Upper, an 8 bits ISA modem card,
lower, a 16 bits ISA network card.
- I use the LINE IN input on my sound card instead of MIC (to avoid noise)
- My sound card (Mediavision Pro Audio Wavetable) doesn't support overclocking
of the ISA bus. So I set the ISA bus speed to 8 MHz in the BIOS of the PC.
- As AVI file size is limited to less than 1 GB, I make multiple projects
of less than 1 GB (approx. 600 MB to ease archival on CDRs) and I use the
playlist function of windows Media Player 7 to read the compiled AVIs.
- You can find the latest drivers (v2.06) for the miro DC1 under win95
at the following places:
Q) If I upgrade to windows XP, will the card work ?
A) No, the driver only works under windows 95 and 98.
It will not work with windows Me, 2000, XP or later.
last update 23 dec 2003
Back to main page